To wash your hands effectively, you must:
- Remove rings and other jewelry.
- Use water and get your hands completely wet.
- Take soap (1 to 3 mL) and lather it well.
- Soap the hands for at least 15 seconds, taking care to rub between the fingers, the back of the hand, the wrists and the forearms.
- Clean under the fingernails.
- Rinse well under clean running water.
- Dry your hands with a disposable towel or under the dryer.
- Turn off the faucets with a paper towel.
- Avoid touching soiled surfaces when leaving the bathroom.